- Chances are their room is a disaster and they have -846 motivation to do anything about it. Helping them tidy up will make them feel a little less overwhelmed.
- Do their laundry. Even small chores seem to pile up when a person is depressed and not having clean clothes won’t make them feel any better. Washing their bedding is also great.
- Try to convince them to go for a short walk with you. There is a good chance they will feel a lot better after.
- If you can’t get them outside, at least open a window for fresh air and let some sunshine in.
- Prepare them a healthy meal with some fresh fruit. Many depressed people fall into bad eating patterns.
- If they aren’t eating enough make sure they are taking a multi vitamin since not getting enough of a vitamin causes depression.
- Make them a warm, nice smelling bath. Aromatherapy is a great way to treat depression and anxiety.
- Write them a letter or card to read for when they’re feeling really bad.
- Make them a recovery playlist with some of their favourite songs and anything up lifting.
- Make them laugh.
- Make them a cup of tea and sit with them.
- Listen to them and try to understand what they’re feeling.
source: sassygaynicoo on tumblr
Art by Lotta Prints